Monday, June 21, 2010

The Five

What is color - I liked this one for many reasons. It got me thinking, how do we know that what we see is the actual color of things? What if everything is not as it seems, what if dogs see how the world really is?
What is a hero - I like this one because it made me question...are heroes real? Or are they just fictional characters in stories? Could anyone become a hero, or could anyone do heroic things?
What is war - This is a question that has been asked for as long as there has been war on our planet. It sparks other ideas for me. Will war be the end of humanity as we know it, or is it possible to find a peace throughout. Probably not, but it is nice to think so. This leads to my next favorite...
What is peace - How can there be peace in a world that is so strongly dominated by power and greed? If certain sections of the world were wiped out, or certain religions erased, could there be an everlasting peace, and would it be worth it?
What is freedom - Freedom I think is something we as Americans take for granted. We go about our every day lives and most people wouldn't think twice about how some people and places have little to no freedom at all. This makes me think of one big question...who's responsibility is it to guarantee that the world is a free place?

No comments:

Post a Comment