Sunday, May 23, 2010

Making The Old New

The project I am going to be working on is an outdoor level I made in the Unreal Engine. I was ok with how the final part turned out, however there is more that I would of liked to do that was just not available to do in Unreal. This was the final project for Powers Level Design class. I like how the level is designed. I based a lot of how it would look from a previously made level, but made it my own with a lot of tweaks. I dislike how I couldn't have a cave in the level because the ones in unreal just don't work well for what I was going to do. I haven't changed all that much, considering the class ended a few weeks ago, but I do understand the engine a lot more. I could take a new approach by modeling my own objects and caves, but that is something I do not know how to do...yet! I chose this project because I thought parts of it were a little barren and needed some touch-ups and additions, which you can see below.




No comments:

Post a Comment